Taco fans… I gotchyu. Smoky, spicy, chipotle-y ground chicken mixed with softened red onions and tiny bits of pineapple, piled up on charred flour tortillas, topped with a creamy broccoli stem slaw and more sweet/tart little chunks of sunshiney pineapple. This is it, ya’ll!
I think chicken and pineapples are natural besties and a creamy, crunchy coleslaw is just the icing on the cake. Or, the slaw on the taco😑 Also, what a way to welcome spring! These tacos and a cold cocktail on the back deck = the good life.
Did you know pineapple is not just amazing on tacos but it’s a healthy snack for dogs, too? Bear is in love.
Lemme point out the great thing about using ground chicken for this recipe – fast! easy! no chopping! Just slide that stuff right into your skillet and cook. So perfect for nights when you have no time or patience. Side note: we get our ground chicken, chicken breasts, all our meat through Crowd Cow, which means they are “happy animals” (pasture-raised, free-range, sustainable, all the good things). ❤️ you, Crowd Cow.
To make these tacos, just sauté some chopped red onion, chipotle in adobo, garlic, pineapple, and a pound of ground chicken until it’s browned and beautiful. Add in some chili powder, then a drizzle of honey to balance out the heat.
👆 Not the best picture of taco filling but, rest assured, it’s beautiful in real life. Next, char some flour tortillas on your gas burner or in a skillet and load them up with the spicy, oniony, pineappley chicken mixture. Top it with a generous spoonful of this slaw, and scatter some more pineapple on top to tie it all together.
This is a quick and easy, totally delicious and gorgeous meal to bust out any night of the week. It’s colorful, and sweet, and spicy, and filling, and you’ve got to go make it now!Print
Spicy Chicken and Pineapple Tacos
A completely delicious way to use ground chicken – spicy tacos! Full of smokiness, sweetness, color, balance, and texture. Everything you need in your taco life!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 tacos 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 TBS vegetable or grape seed oil
- 1/2 a red onion, chopped
- 2 TBS of canned chipotle in adobo – more if you want it spicier and smokier
- 1/2 C diced pineapple, plus plenty more for topping
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- kosher salt
- 1 TBS chili powder (I use this kind from my shop, any kind will do)
- a small drizzle of honey
- Broccoli Stem Slaw, for topping
- 6–8 flour tortillas, charred on your gas burner or in a dry skillet
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the onion and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften. Add the chipotle in adobo, 1/2 C of pineapple, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken, season with more salt, and cook, breaking it up with a spoon and stirring, until no longer pink. Stir in the chili powder and drizzle of honey, taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into charred tortillas, top with Broccoli Stem Slaw and more pineapple, and serve!
Keywords: Ground chicken recipes, pineapple recipes
*Recipe nutrition facts are approximate!