OK, if I had a million dollars today, I would bet it all that this recipe is going to blow you away with its simplicity and deliciousness. The leftover vegetables sitting in your fridge are just crying out for this pan of sizzly rice topped with a creamy spoonful of garlicky sriracha mayo. Maybe you’re not sitting on a container of leftover roasted vegetables, but it’s worth making some real quick to help this fried rice situation happen.
For me, it’s all about the sriracha mayo, which is punchy and bright from lemon and garlic, and adds the perfect spicy creaminess to these caramelized vegetable and rice bits. If you are a stranger to mayo on rice, oh my gosh… you’ll remember this day forever. It’s a wonderful thing.
OK, let’s get on with the show. You need about 3-4 cups of roasted vegetables. Use leftover stuff or roast some by following this recipe. My veggies of choice today were chickpeas, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes.
The rest is so simple that I barely need to type it out. Sauté red onion and jalapeño in olive oil in a big skillet, add some chopped kale, rice, and the roasted veggies. (For the rice, use leftover rice or the kind that comes in a microwaveable bag, like Seeds of Change. Here is the kind I used.) Cook for a couple minutes, plate it up, and top it with a lovely dollop of sriracha mayo. The End. I love you and know you will love this. Get busy ❤️
*This post contains an Amazon Affiliate link to my favorite shortcut rice, from which I may earn income!Print
Roasted Veggie Fried Rice with Sriracha Mayo
The leftover vegetables sitting in your fridge are crying out for this pan of sizzly rice topped with a creamy spoonful of garlicky sriracha mayo.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes (less if you’re using leftover roasted veggies)
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Roasting, Sauté
- Cuisine: Asian American
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 3 – 4 C roasted vegetables (I used 1 can of chickpeas, 1 small sweet potato, 1 head of cauliflower, roasted like this)
- 2 handfuls of kale, chopped
- 1 1/2 C leftover rice, or use 1 bag of microwaveable rice that you’ve microwaved
- 1/2 C mayonnaise
- 1 TBS sriracha
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients for the sriracha mayo and taste; add more lemon juice, salt, or sriracha if you think it needs it. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and jalapeño and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add the kale, and cook for a 1-2 minutes. Add the roasted veggies and rice, season with salt and pepper if needed. Cook, stirring occasionally until the kale is wilted, about 4 more minutes.
- Serve, topped with a dollop of sriracha mayo, and enjoy!
I used brown rice; white rice or any other grain will work!
Keywords: Leftover vegetables