Let’s roast all the things! Let’s coat them all in a creamy tahini dressing! And add some pop and zip with a pomegranate walnut salsa! And, let’s prep it all in advance so this does-a-body-good roasted veggie bowl is ready when you are. Heads up: you will *always* be ready for this. The combo of flavors and textures is everything. Cauliflower, chickpeas, squash, onions, apples, maybe some diced chicken if you want? Yes! Plus a sweet and nutty dressing and a tart, crunchy topping. Ev-ery-thing 🙌
All of these nutritious, hearty veggies are tossed and roasted in a super fragrant, earthy curry spice blend. This one is my pick but any yellow or madras curry blend will do. Pile this warm, slightly charred goodness into a bowl with rice and spinach. Then, we’ll pluck two stars out of the sky in the form of creamy tahini dressing and pomegranate walnut salsa to finish it off. The salsa is my version of Yotam Ottolenghi’s Pomegranate Walnut Salsa and I love just a little spoonful on this roasty veggie bowl.
The best path to this bowl of goodness is to roast the veggies, apples, and any protein you might want in advance. If you’re short on time, just choose two of the veggies and leave out the rest. Otherwise, you’ll have multiple pans awaiting their turn in the oven. The dressing and salsa can also be made in advance. If doing both is too much for you, leave off the salsa. This creamy tahini dressing is enough to ensure your happiness.
Meal prep at it’s best, guys! Love when productivity pays off with something delicious 😋Print
Roasted Veggie Bowl with Tahini Dressing
An addictive blend of flavors and textures, packed with good-for-you veggies and coated in a creamy tahini dressing. Everything can be prepped in advance so this meal is ready when you are!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Method: Roasting
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 a butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 3/4” cubes
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced
- 1/2 a honeycrisp apple, cut into 3/4” cubes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- curry powder
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- 2 T tahini paste
- 1 1/2 T sugar
- 1 t salt
- 1/8 t cayenne
- 1/4 C mayo
pomegranate walnut salsa
- 1/4 C pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 C toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 t pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 C chopped parsley
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 T water
- A handful of spinach
- Brown rice, quinoa, whatever grain you like
- Chicken, tofu, or any protein you like (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss the vegetables and apples with olive oil, salt and curry powder. Roast them according to these instructions: 15 minutes, toss them around, roast for 10 more minutes.
- Assemble roasted veggies and apples, and protein, if using, in a bowl with the rice and spinach.
- Add all ingredients for the dressing to a jar with a lid and shake to combine. Pour over yummy veggie bowl.
- Combine all ingredients for the salsa and sprinkle a few spoonfuls over yummy veggie bowl.
Be sure to season the veggies, apples, and chicken with salt in addition to the curry blend before you roast them. Most curry spice blends don’t contain salt and you need it in there to balance out all the sweet in this bowl!
All of the components of this bowl can be prepped ahead and refrigerated!
You’ll have Pomegranate Walnut Salsa leftover – it is excellent on top of any grilled meat! Or on rice with a little dollop of Greek yogurt.
Nutritional info is approximate, depending on how much dressing, salsa, etc. you use!
Keywords: Vegetable bowl, curried vegetables