Is there an easier way to add bulk flavor to your food than squeezing in some soft, caramely, roasted garlic? I think not. It’s my go-to for bumping up the interest in a simple recipe and a day when I have some waiting for me in the fridge is a good day. Make a bunch in advance and arm yourself with maximum tastiness for any situation. Like, a noodle situation, a cassoulet situation, or a chili situation.Print
Smooth, creamy, caramely roasted garlic – the perfect thing to bump up the flavor in any savory recipe or to spread on crostini for an easy appetizer.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 1 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 (or more) head of garlic
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice just the top off the head of garlic, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the garlic in foil and roast for 1 hour. When done, just let it cool and use your hands to squeeze out the soft cloves.