Well, these little superstars were a big surprise. They were voted Fan Favorite by everyone I know. OK, nobody actually voted or called them that, they just said they were really good. Like, reeeaaalllyy gooooood. Bonus: Because I made a batch for some of Joey’s beer-drinking friends, we also learned they pair incredibly well with beer. I kinda want to change the title of the recipe to Beer Pairing Cookies. Yes?
Speaking of the title, I do want to point out there is no peanut butter, in its true form, in these Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies. The peanut butter is inside the peanut butter pretzels. You know — the kind with big salt crystals that come in the big jugs.
Everything else that goes into these cookies is up to you (I threw in handfuls of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and white chocolate chips) because the base of the recipe is pretty darn amazing. It’s the New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and it’s foolproof. I can say that because I did not follow the instructions properly and yet, here we are. The original recipe calls for chilling the dough for at least 24 hours. I am lazy and did not do that, and they were still totally delicious and compliments rained upon me. If you are a planner-aheader, feel free to chill the dough and see how you feel. I’m just here to tell you, life is short, bake the cookies.
*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links!Print
Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
Crispy, chewy, sweet, and salty cookies with crunchy chunks of peanut butter pretzels and chocolate chips!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: about 60 cookies 1x
- 2 C cake flour
- 1 2/3 C bread flour
- 1 1/4 t baking soda
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1 C + 2 T sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 C peanut butter pretzels, crushed
- 1 12 oz bag of chocolate chips or a few handfuls each of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and white chocolate chips
- sea salt for finishing
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl an set aside.
2. Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together until pale yellow, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in crushed peanut butter pretzels and chocolate chips, or whatever you are using, by hand until just combined.
3. Drop scoops of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets (I used a #50 scoop). Bake for about 12 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through. Remove from the oven, sprinkle very lightly with sea salt, and cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.