Woot! Sharing some delicious snacky-snacks with you guys today! I feel a little shady calling these “peanut butter” and jelly bars because there is a negligible amount of actual peanut butter and a lot of peanuts, oats, coconut oil, and honey all pulsed together to make a magical crust and crumble topping. Are you picking up what I’m putting down here, though? The oat/honey/coconut oil combo means these are healthier than traditional peanut butter and jelly bars and still duh-lish-us. No added refined sugar… no butter… no flour. You could even make them gluten free if you buy GF oats. It’s spring, you guys, and my bathing suit and I need to be friends by summer, but I still need sweet things for my 3:00 snack attacks. So, here we go: Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars!
These take about 5 minutes of hands-on time. Just pulse together peanuts and oats in the food processor, then pour over some melted coconut oil (love this kind), a bit of peanut butter, and honey. Pulse pulse pulse. Press most of that crumbly crust love down into an 8×8 pan and bake for a bit. Smear on your favorite strawberry jam, top with the rest of the crumbly crust, and bake one more time. Chill, slice, and ta-da: snacky delight.
The sweet and tart strawberry jam mingling with the oats and honey, plus a little salty crunch from the peanuts = dream status. It’s basically like a PB&J in treat form, with honeysweet crust and crumble instead of mushy bread. Look out snack time, I’m comin for ya!
*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links!Print
Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
A recipe for Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars with tart strawberry jam mingling with a crunchy honeysweet crust and crumble. A PB&J in treat form!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 38 minutes
- Total Time: 43 minutes
- Yield: 9 bars 1x
- 3 C oats
- 1 C roasted, salted peanuts
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 C honey
- 2 T peanut butter
- 1 C strawberry jam
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper so the bars are easy to pull out later.
- In a food processor, pulse together the oats, peanuts, and pinch of salt until it becomes a coarse flour. In a separate bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, honey, and peanut butter. Add this to the food processor, on top of the peanut/oat mixture, and process until it all comes together.
- Transfer all but 3/4 of a cup of this mixture to the baking pan and pat it down to form a crust. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove it from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread the strawberry jam on top of the crust. Crumble the 3/4 C of crust you reserved over top of the jam. Bake for 23 minutes.
- When you remove the pan from the oven, chill it in the freezer for 30 minutes. Once chilled, you can slice the bars and store them in the fridge.
This recipe was inspired by these Strawberry Oat Crumble Bars on Pinch of Yum – if you want to make them allergy free and vegan, try that one out for sure. I can’t resist a peanut though.