Typing this with marshmallowy fingers and I don’t care! Big, chunky, Rice Krispie treats speckled with little vanilla-y pops of Golden Oreos and the occasional hit of salty tahini. Where have you been all my life😱 !
Dessert is a once-a-week endeavor for me and we have been snacking on these little monsters ever since I made them last Sunday. I remember Rice Krispie treats back in the day used to become cement blocks after the first day, right? I’m not sure if things have actually changed or if it’s the slick little trick this recipe includes that makes them still completely chewy and tasty a week later. Either way, they last as long as you can resist eating them.
How about this flavor combo – Golden Oreos + marshmallowy treats and salty tahini. It’s dang good. I have some other versions to post later – Nutella, white chocolate peanut butter, gingersnap, etc. I love this combo in particular though because the buttery cookies and their sweet, creamy centers, blend perfectly with Rice Krispie treats and the salty tahini drizzle balances out all the sweet. There’s also a little flaky salt sprinkled on top because I can’t help myself when wading in salty/sweet territory.
Now to the secret of this recipe – use an 8×8 square pan instead of a 9×13 and push the mixture down in there so they come out really dense and thick. I leaned this from watching Molly Yeh and you will be surprised how many people will comment on the size and texture of these – it’s all oooo’s and ahhhh’s all over the place. Have fun, be well, and enjoy these vanilla-bomb, face-stuffing treats!Print
Golden Oreo Rice Krispie Treats with Salted Tahini Drizzle
Big, chunky, no-bake treats, speckled with buttery Golden Oreos, and topped with a salty/sweet drizzle!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes, plus 1 hour chilling
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes, plus 1 hour chilling
- Yield: 16 squares 1x
- Category: Dessert, snack
- Method: No-bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 16 oz mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 C Rice Krispies
- 20 Golden Oreo cookies, smashed into smaller pieces
- flaky salt, for finishing
SALTED TAHINI DRIZZLE
- 1/4 C of tahini
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 TBS water
- Mix together all ingredients for the salted tahini drizzle and set aside.
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper, let some hang over the edges for easy removal later. Tear off an extra sheet of parchment paper to help press the Rice Krispie treats down later; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. I use an enameled cast iron dutch oven because it’s easier to clean. Once the butter has melted, add the salt and marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted and smooth. Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla, the Rice Krispies, and the Golden Oreos.
- Transfer this mixture to your prepared pan. Place the extra sheet of parchment paper over top and press the mixture down evenly – its ok to use your body weight and press hard, you want it to be densely packed in there.
- Drizzle with salted tahini and sprinkle with flaky salt. Chill in the fridge for one hour. Use the parchment paper wings to pull the treats out of the pan, slice into squares and serve!
You’ll have extra salted tahini drizzle. It keeps well in the fridge – try it on ice cream!
These will stay fresh for 5-7 days in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap.
Keywords: Easy desserts, no-bake desserts, Rice Krispie treats