OK, it’s my first taco post. I can’t believe it took 4 posts to get here. We eat tacos at least once a week. And then if Joey and I go out to lunch together on a day off, we usually get tacos. We ♥ tacos and they ♥ us. Here’s a recipe that combines a great taco filling with even better toppings (crisp red cabbage… sweet and salty cucumber melon salsa… tangy sour cream) for texture and tastiness. Here’s something Joey shared with me early in our relationship and might be one of the most meaningful things I’ve learned from him: When it comes to taco assembly, don’t plop your sour cream on top where you might only get it in one or two bites. Smear it on the tortilla before the rest of the toppings so you get some in every bite. He’s a genius.
Enjoy your taco time!Print
Chicken Tacos with Cucumber Melon Salsa
Tacos with salty, sweet, crunchy toppings that are even better than the tasty chicken filling.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime into a medium bowl, add a pinch of salt, and toss your red cabbage in it.
- Squeeze the juice of the other half of the lime into the sour cream and stir to combine.
- Slice the remaining lime into wedges for serving.
- If you have a gas stove, char the tortillas over a medium flame for about 10 seconds per side then wrap them in foil to keep warm. If you don’t have a gas stove, place a non-stick skillet over medium heat and heat the tortillas until they’re a little blistered on one side, then flip and blister on the other side. Wrap them in foil to keep warm.
- If your Chicken Taco Filling was refrigerated, reheat it in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat with 1 TBS of oil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread your desired amount of lime sour cream on a tortilla.
- Top with however much chicken you like.
- Follow that with the crisp red cabbage, Cucumber Melon Salsa, and green onions. Serve with the lime wedges.