It’s me, back again with the broccoli! I can halfway promise you these broccoli recipes will taper off as we inch towards spring/summer. Maybe. For now, I can’t not share these chicken and broccoli bowls that are SO easy, completely delicious, good for your body, and yep – totally suitable for meal prep!
I’m feeling like quite the champion this week, with a fridge full of prepped veggies, chicken, and this wine saucy-sauce. Technically, you could use any vegetable in this bowl. I’m just having a moment with super-charred, crispy broccoli right now. Helloooooo:
While these tiny green angel trees roast away in the oven, you can get this show on the road by searing some diced chicken breasts in a skillet. This is actually just a means of prepping that skillet to make the most drool-worthy pan sauce to coat all the things later. The seasoning the chicken leaves behind in that pan bubbles away with some sliced shallot, a dollop of djon mustard, a big glug of white wine, and is finished off with a small chunk of butter for a little coating of the tongue decadence.
How about some crunch and tang for these contentment-delivery bowls? Almonds (roasted + salted, pretty please!) and dried cranberries for the win! And let’s pile all this onto a bed of healthy, chewy grains. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – the quinoa and brown rice blend from Seeds of Change Is. My. Jam.
I don’t know guys… I think this is a job well done in 30 minutes or less. Green thing + seared chicken + buttery, wine-y sauce + love-your-body grains + fruit and nuts? We’re just doing it right today.Print
Chicken and Broccoli Bowls with White Wine Pan Sauce
Crispy, charred broccoli and seared chicken over a bed of grains with crunchy, salty almonds and dried cranberries, topped off with a coat-your-tongue-in-yum white wine pan sauce!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 T olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 C of broccoli florets, roasted following these instructions
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 2 t dijon mustard
- 1/2 C white wine
- 1 1/2 T butter
- brown rice or any grains you like (I used these from Seeds of Change)
- chopped almonds (I prefer roasted + salted)
- dried cranberries
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate, using a slotted spoon.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the shallot to the pan. Add a little more oil if needed and cook until soft. Stir in the dijon, then the white wine, and let it bubble for a minute.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter to the sauce, stirring to melt. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve the broccoli and chicken over the rice, sprinkled with almonds and cranberries, and drizzled with the white wine pan sauce.
Complete step 1 while the broccoli is roasting.
Try any seasoning you like on the chicken. I really love it with Montreal Steak Seasoning.