Friends: This skillet of Cajun Chicken Pasta is on point for everything you want right now, and it knows it. It’s creamy, spicy, and saucy with loads of chicken and veggies. How much do you need this right now? I needed it for dinner last night, for lunch today, and probably at least one more time this week.
As good, if not better than the taste? It’s a one-skillet meal deal! Yeah! That means only 1 pan to wash while you’re deep in your happy-carb-coma. How do you get to this convenient, craveable pasta nirvana? Let me help you.
Your journey to pasta heaven
Ok, guys. This journey is only 30 minutes, top to bottom. Just toss some thinly sliced chicken breasts in a Cajun seasoning of your choice. Mine is this super smoky, paprika-y onefrom the shop my mom and I own in Duck, but any kind will do. Brown the chicken, then shove it over to one side of the skillet and add some thinly sliced onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos. Toss in some garlic, then a can of diced tomatoes, chicken stock, and another tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. The one-skillet-ness of this recipe gives the fettuccine the opportunity to cook in this flavor-bomb sauce you just made, so throw in half a box of it and pop a lid on. Let it boil for about 12-14 minutes, stirring occasionally. The finishing touches of joy in this recipe are a generous splash of cream, 3 honking handfuls of spinach stirred in to wilt, and some grated Parmesan on top.
Time for some honesty. I had 2 helpings of this for dinner last night. It’s soooo good! And, as previously mentioned, loaded with veggies, ok? This is me, refusing to feel bad about it😑 Again, we’re talking about creamy-spicy-noodle-dom here. If you love this recipe and want another creamy-spicy-noodle thing of sorts, check this one out, too.Print
Cajun Chicken Pasta
A creamy, spicy, saucy pasta loaded with chicken and veggies. This is a one-skillet meal you can make in under 30 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1.25 lbs.), slice thin
- 2 1/2 T Cajun seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 a jalapeno, sliced thin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 C chicken stock
- 1/2 lb. fettuccine
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 3 big handfuls of spinach
- grated Parmesan for serving
- Heat 2 T of oil in a 12″ skillet over medium heat.
- Toss the sliced chicken in 1 1/2 T of Cajun seasoning and add it to the pan. Spread it out in an even layer and let it brown for a couple minutes, then stir it around to brown on the other side for another 1 to 2 minutes. You don’t need to cook it all the way through, just brown it on the outside.
- Slide the chicken to one side of the skillet and add the sliced onions, bell peppers, jalapeno, and a pinch of salt. Let those cook for a couple minutes, then add the garlic and stir to combine all the veggies and chicken.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes plus the juice from the can, chicken stock, and remaining tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Add the fettuccine and cover the skillet with a lid. Let it boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, for 12-14 minutes until the pasta is cooked. *Remove the lid after 6 minutes to let some of the liquid evaporate/cook down.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add the heavy cream and spinach, stirring to wilt the spinach. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Off the heat, sprinkle on some grated Parmesan and serve!