Brown Sugar Pecan Banana Bread
A brown sugary twist on banana bread with toasted pecans and a perfectly moist texture.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes, plus cooling time
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 3/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 overripe bananas
- 6 TBS unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 C 2% fat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C toasted pecans, chopped coarse
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine the bananas, melted butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla in a separate bowl, mashing the bananas well as you stir.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined – don’t overmix it. Fold in the toasted pecans.
- Pour the batter into the buttered pan and bake for 55-70 minutes, depending on your pan – test the bread with a toothpick beginning at 55 minutes, it should come out with just a few crumbs stuck to it.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Keywords: easy banana bread recipe