Guaranteed worth getting out of bed for: a slice of Brown Sugar Pecan Banana Bread, toasted in the toaster, spread with butter, and sprinkled with flaky sea salt. Sigh… I love it. I’ve been plating this up for breakfast all week and, really, it’s the best. Can we talk about that dark brown, toasty crust on the exterior? Thank you, brown sugar. The only downside to this banana bread? I don’t think dogs are supposed to eat pecans and Bear desperately wants Joey and me to share.
Banana bread, like any quick bread, is easy. Mix together the dry, mix together the wet, and combine the two. That last bit is where things can go wrong. Just be sure not to overmix the batter. It should be lumpy and kinda ugly, like this:
Beauty is in the eye of the holder, though. For instance, I find this chunky promise of super fragrant, perfectly moist banana bread with its mild molasses flavor and little pops of pecan crunch quite beautiful.
A note about the baking time – I think it really depends on your pan and I am no expert on loaf pans. Just start testing the bread with a toothpick at 55 minutes, checking it every so often until the toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs attached. And, let this chunk of love cool completely before digging in. Enjoy, ya’ll❤Print
Brown Sugar Pecan Banana Bread
A brown sugary twist on banana bread with toasted pecans and a perfectly moist texture.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes, plus cooling time
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 3/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 overripe bananas
- 6 TBS unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 C 2% fat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C toasted pecans, chopped coarse
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine the bananas, melted butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla in a separate bowl, mashing the bananas well as you stir.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined – don’t overmix it. Fold in the toasted pecans.
- Pour the batter into the buttered pan and bake for 55-70 minutes, depending on your pan – test the bread with a toothpick beginning at 55 minutes, it should come out with just a few crumbs stuck to it.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Keywords: easy banana bread recipe